Another old pic


Here is my Dad, riding his BSA chopper that he bought back in '78 or so for $50!

You have all heard of "basket cases" . . . well this was the real deal!
He brought the bike home in boxes and milk cases, literally a basket case.

Times were tough around my house when I was a kid, money was always tight, but we never went without. He loved this thing, but had to let it go.

Dad needed a good year round way to get to work, and a bike isn't the best thing in the world to ride in Wisconsin winters. Dad traded the bike to a guy for a early '70s Ford Econoline van. Even then I knew dad was getting the short end of the deal, but he needed to support my Mother, sister and I so the bike went.

I guess what I miss most isn't the bike itself, but the fun times he and I shared sorting, cleaning, and building that old scooter...

No comments: